Office of Facilities Management
The Office of Facilities Management has 6 - 12 passenger vans and 1 - 15 passenger bus that are available for use for properly sanctioned meetings and activities. Only authorized individuals are allowed to drive the Fleet vehicles. The department is responsible for providing a list of University employees/students/guests traveling with the driver.
The Office of Facilities Management is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Authorized Operators and Passengers per TBR Policy 4:03:02:00
Operators - Only employees of an institution with proper departmental authorization may be authorized to operate a state vehicle for official business. Authorization to use a state vehicle shall be limited to official use within scope of employment of the employee.
- GA's (Graduate Assistants) are permitted to operate Motor Pool vehicles, BUT they must be currently employed with the department and will be verified with Human Resources.
- The below are NOT permitted to operate vehicles.
- APS (Academic Performance Scholarship students)
- FWS (Federal Work Study students)
- RWSP (Regular Student Work Program students)
Passengers - Passengers in state vehicles shall be limited to the following:
- employees of the institution when within the scope of employment;
- students of the institution engaged in institutional or school sponsored activities; and
- other persons when it is necessary for them to accompany an employee on official business or as guests of the institution. Family members are NOT permitted to ride in university owned vehicles.
Large Passenger Bus/Van
Travelers K thru 12 and little Bucs are NOT permitted to travel in the large vans or mini-bus. Click here to view University Policy - FP-28
Drivers must successfully complete the FLI Learning Systems, Inc. course, provided by Chris Hurley, Environmental Health & Safety Specialist.
***NO pets are allowed in state vehicles***
Service Animals per ADA 2010 Revised Requirements
Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
No Smoking/Tobacco Policy - Tobacco use is prohibited in ALL state vehicles. Violations of the policy will be dealt with in a manner that is consistent with university procedures. There shall be no reprisals against anyone reporting violations of this policy.
Penalties for Misuse of Vehicles per TBR Policy 4:03:02:00
Employees who misuse vehicles will be subject to disciplinary sanctions, depending upon the magnitude of the misuse and the frequency with which it has occurred. Misuse includes any of the following:
- Utilization of radar detection devices in state vehicles;
- Violations of traffic laws; this includes exceeding posted speed limits, reckless driving, and illegal parking;
- Careless operation that results in damage to the vehicle or injury to persons or property;
- Use of a vehicle for personal business or unauthorized commuting purposes; or
- Use of a vehicle contrary to the provisions of this policy.
- The president of the institution, director of the TTC, or the Chancellor should determine the penalty appropriate for each violation; and in addition may require the employee to pay for damages to the vehicle caused by misuse.
The Office of Facilities Management is located in the back of Bond Building along JL Seehorn Jr Road. Click here for view on campus map.
- Paige McNeese - Reservations - 423-439-6082
Each driver is required to present their valid driver's license upon pick-up of vehicle. If the driver sends another individual in their place to pick up the vehicle, then the individual must show a valid driver's license and a copy of the driver's license before picking up the vehicle.
General maintenance on vehicles is performed as recommended by the manufacturer.
Vehicles are assigned on a first-come first-served basis; therefore, you should process your request as early as possible. Reserving a vehicle without proper paperwork is not allowed.
Click here to view University Policy on emergency out-of-pocket expenses.
Fleet Information and Rate Charges
1Availability is approximate number of vehicles on-hand
2Capacity number includes the driver
3There is a minimum charge of $25/day for the use of vehicle. Departments will be charged either $25/day OR for the total mileage, whichever is greater.
- Cancellation Charge - $50 if not cancelled by 4:30 PM on the last workday prior to the trip.
- Late Return Charge - $50/day for each day after date of scheduled return. The travel day starts at 8:00 AM and vehicles must be returned prior to this time to avoid this fee.
- Cleaning/Damage Fee - Actual charges not to exceed $100. This includes damage to the vehicle or a vehicle returned requiring excessive cleaning (Ex: excessive mud on the floor/seats, excessive trash, hauling dirty equipment, etc.)
Credit Cards (Fuelman or FleetOne) for fuel purchases are obtained when a vehicle is picked up. Credit cards must be returned when the vehicle is returned.
Instructions in case of mechanical failure are indicated in the operator's manual located in the glove compartment. Vehicles must be towed to closest authorized dealership. Major repairs MUST be approved by Facilities Management. If vehicle is not serviceable, a rental car may be required to continue the trip. This is a reimbursable item; however, the Office of Facilities Management must be contacted as soon as possible so arrangements can be made to pick up the University's vehicle. The phone number is 423-439-7900.
Instructions in case of an accident are indicated in the operator's manual located in the glove compartment. If you have an accident, you must be sure it is investigated and an accident form filled out. A police/law enforcement report is REQUIRED.
- Failure to process trip request or trip requests not processed in a timely manner.
- Failure to pick up keys during working hours.
- Failure to return vehicle on time. Future schedules of the late vehicle will be affected.
- Failure to have an accident investigated.
- Failure to get a receipt after paying for repairs.
To reserve a large van or the mini-bus, please complete the Travel Request for Large Vans/Mini-Bus. Please specify whether the form is being used for a one time trip or as a blanket over a range of dates. Blankets DO NOT guarantee a vehicle will be available on the dates you require. It just means the signed paperwork is already on file.
Departments are responsible for providing a roster of passengers and university employee drivers to the Office of Facilities Management.
Once the form is completed and signed, please forward using one of the below options:
- Fax: 423-439-7670
- Mail: Campus Box 70653
- Scan & Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An e-mail will be sent to the ETSU global address of the Driver/Contact email address to confirm the vehicle reservation.
An e-mail will be sent to the ETSU global address of the Driver/Contact email address to confirm receipt of your request BUT at the time the type of vehicle you requested is unavailable. You will then be directed to contact Enterprise to make sure reservations.
If you do not receive either type of confirmation email, please contact Paige McNeese at 423-439-6028 to verify receipt of your request.